Who Am I?

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
When I started this blog, I was living in Houston. Now my family and I live in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. My blog is to serve many purposes. One to tell everyone what is going on with us in the way only I can tell. Another is for me to vent out my feelings. In other words, this is just my humble view of my world.

August 31, 2010

Read the Signs

Just call me a troublemaker with a capital T! Anyone who is or will be travelling in the near future, my best advice is simply this…”Read the signs!” That’s right, I have done it again. Somehow I don’t think this will be my last run-in with the whistle. First, let’s talk about this whistle thing. A whistle, really??? What exactly are you going to do to me with a whistle? I thought I was good getting my bluff in with the counting, but these people are serious. And to top it off most of the security in the park were women. Which in hindsight I can see how that would be better in making moms more at ease, and I digress.


So after the park swing issue, we try to be more aware of what is happening around us so I don’t get into trouble. Clearly that is not working. Our outing Monday began early with daddy heading off to work right after breakfast. Puppa and I headed down to the playground first and then went on to try to see the towers. We thought we should take a short cut through one of the big department stores in the mall. I went for the door, but it was stuck. So of course, I do what any rational minded person would do, I start shaking it. About that time I notice three men sitting off the side of the door, who are now running toward the door shaking their hands at me saying, “no, no ,no!” What I had failed to realize, the places don’t open around here until at least 10am. Guess we better start reading those signs!

After lunch and naptime we went swimming. It was sprinkling a little, but nothing major and with the temperature outside we figured no problem! We got the kids ready and went down to the pool. No one else was in the pool...DUH! Yep, we got in anyway, I mean it was just sprinkles. We were having a great time playing in the wading pool with Zoe and AJ loving it. I took some time to take my own advice and read the signs while I was in the pool. Clearly, I am a brilliant person for reading the rules after you start swimming. I notice at the bottom is a rule that sticks out at me..."No swimming in the rain." Oops! I figured that was only if it is raining hard or lightning. About this time I notice a worker standing out by the pool watching us. I looked to see if she said something, but when she didn't I just went back to playing with the kids. Shortly after that, a manager looking person came over and asked us to get out because they had seen some "flashes."

Thank goodness for that man. We no sooner got back to our room than the rain began falling harder and the thunder and lightening came. It was definitely my first experience with a true monsoon downpour. And as my FIL says, another black mark on my record. He is convinced they have a file on me with photos and notes with all my indiscretions.

No comments:

Post a Comment