Who Am I?

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
When I started this blog, I was living in Houston. Now my family and I live in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. My blog is to serve many purposes. One to tell everyone what is going on with us in the way only I can tell. Another is for me to vent out my feelings. In other words, this is just my humble view of my world.

September 16, 2010

A little kindness goes a long way...

We arrived on Saturday, David started work on Monday and there was a public holiday on Tuesday. September has many holidays we have now been told, as well as January and February. This country is looking better every day in my book!
A coworker of David’s was kind enough to ask us over for lunch. They live in the neighborhood we had heard so much about and were wanting to live in. Their names are James and Rachel and they have 3 sons…JimJo(7), Archie(4), and Francis(3). I was a little apprehensive about it, but I was also looking forward to knowing someone here and having some kids that Zoe and AJ could play with.
They are both from New Zealand and they have lived in Norway for the past few years. They just relocated here 6 months ago. Rachel and I hit it off right away and she was able to give me some invaluable advice. The kids ate lunch first and then we had ours…which made it nearly dinner time before the adults ate. That was a bit strange for me. If you know me very well at all, you know I was starving to death by that point and ready to chew on my own arm! Fat people don’t like to wait more than a couple hours between food. Alas, I did survive and the kids had a great time. Zoe was exactly like she always is around new people. They asked her if she wanted to go upstairs to play and we didn’t see her again until it was time to eat. Rachel was worried about her at first, I guess her boys are normal boys. Of course I was more worried Zoe would try to bully her boys. Needless to say, we both had nothing to fear. Zoe held her own with those boys and those boys learned they couldn’t push her around. Zoe has developed a bit of a crush on the oldest, JimJo…I believe the feeling may be mutual. AJ loves visiting them because he gets a break from his sister and they have cars for him to play with all by himself. That poor kid has to deal with his sister on top of him all day everyday! He just wants a little peace. So lunch was good and we have made new friends. I can’t express how much it helped me feel more comfortable about being here. Remember that when you have the opportunity to do the same for someone else. A little kindness and hospitality goes a long way!

No comments:

Post a Comment