Who Am I?

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
When I started this blog, I was living in Houston. Now my family and I live in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. My blog is to serve many purposes. One to tell everyone what is going on with us in the way only I can tell. Another is for me to vent out my feelings. In other words, this is just my humble view of my world.

September 12, 2010

Sick Day For Mommy

Got sick?  I did!  All those mommies out there, you know we don't get sick days when you stay home.  If you work outside the home you are blessed enough to at least get 8 hours of peace which counts as your "break" to rest and recover.  That is one of the few things I actually miss about working, maybe the only thing other than the extra money. 

So, let's recap...relocated to a new country, living in a serviced apartment with very little personal items, have two children under the age of 4 and now I am sick!  This is why there have been very few posts this week.  I have a word document with about 4 or 5 partial blog postings but have not had the opportunity to finish them.  Because, as you all know, even when we are sick, life still goes on...like it or not!  I was getting sick the day we arrived, but I was able to deal with it for a few days.  I finally got so bad I went to the doctor.  Not sleeping and coughing so much I wake the other people in the room is not good when your toddler is sleeping in the same room. 

Turns out I had an upper respiratory infection which is fairly easy to cure.  Just a few antibiotics and in two days I was back.  Luckily, at my absolute worst, David was home(Sunday), so I was able to sleep a lot.  I went to the doctor on Monday and had defensive driving on Tuesday.  It was not the best day of my life, as I was not feeling my best and trying to drive on the other side of the road.  But I did pass, which is great!  And I am now getting my feet on the ground here. 

Off to other things before bed now.  More posts to come this week as I finish off some of the more interesting experiences of late.  Just a teaser for you to look forward to...Zoe met her first hooker(yes you read correctly), I ran a stop sign during my driving course, and I spent 30 minutes in the shower crying a couple days ago.  It has been a roller coaster time here!  Stay tuned!!!

1 comment:

  1. hooker??? no way! sure by now you are better...bless your heart. praying for you my lady! and let's see some pics!

    ReplyDelete